Guys, it has been a ridiculous week! The kids and I are all sick, my hubby had a weird work week, and everyone is just in a weird post-vacation funk.
I am SO thankful that we made it to Friday (even though E works tomorrow morning 😦 ) AND that it is currently monsooning outside. ❤ Rain gives me a sense of renewal and life that I love.
Here’s a little recap on our California adventure last week –
- Isaac decided to climb out of his pack n play the first night of vacation, which led to very little sleep and a ton of fussing at bedtime! We were both happy to come home and have the security of a crib again!
- I got to have some serious sister time (adult beverages and all – gasp!). It is so good getting to know her as an adult. Being five years apart it’s hard for me to see her as anything other than my little sister, but she’s all grown up now! Sadly, I don’t think we will ever live close to each other so the time last week was precious.
- We went boating, swimming, and basically all things water. It was glorious (even though Isaac developed a strange fear of leaves in the water!).
- I got to watch my parents be grandparents (my dad crawling around the floor with a blanket on his head might be one of my favorite memories) and my sister be an aunt (even during a HORRIBLE blowout in the Kmart parking lot – she was a rockstar!).
- Driving home by myself with two kids 2 and under was… not easy. Isaac was quite sick at that point, so he was extremely unhappy about being confined. I may have developed permenant road rage from the trip – driving with a screaming toddler for hours through the desert is not something I would wish on anyone.